"Be excellent to each other" is easier said than done, and means different things to different people. This is a (non-exhaustive) list of behaviours that may lead to deletion of toots, silencing or suspension of accounts, at the descretion of the instance administrators. In particular, we do not tolerate:
- Harrassment, stalking, doxxing
- Racism, sexism, verbal abuse or advocation thereof
- Discrimination against gender and sexual minorities, or advocation thereof
- Violent nationalist propaganda, Nazi symbolism or promoting the ideology of National Socialism
- Contacting people who made clear they want no contact. Dogpiling/brigading
- Untagged sexual content, gore, or advertisement
- Untagged, or automated, or excessive advertisement
- Bots interacting with users without their explicit requests
- Spamming: If you or your bot need to post with a high frequency, please restrict your posts to your followers to keep the local timeline readable.
- We are not a "free speech zone.", a term established by right-wing groups to defend their publishing of racist, sexist, abusive, or otherwise inacceptable content.
Please report behaviour that bothers you. That includes behaviour from other instances - we have no problem with stopping to federate with asshole instances, or suspend contact with single accounts.
We try to keep the local timeline of our instance a place of dialogue and interaction. Therefore we'd like to ask you to keep all automated posts unlisted. Unlisted posts can be seen by everybody but do not show up on the local timeline. This extends to bots, feed posters, Twitter "retweets", and Twitter crossposts with broken mentions.